Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Curls
This little baby curl has almost grown out.
We're in full-blown toddlerhood right now.... constantly on the move, learning new words, wearing footy pajamas, still in diapers, giving full-out belly laughs one minute, and turning red and rashy from screaming the next.
I do miss the baby days---they just went by too quickly. From itty-bitty Newborn Pampers to big-ole Size 5 Huggies, a little mousy cry to a raging war-whoop, a nursing babe to a toddling tot all in the blink of an eye. Another chapter quickly coming to a close.
My last little baby. No more middle-of-the-night snuggles with a nursing babe at my side, no more rocking chairs and lullabies in the moonlight, no more waking up in the middle of the night to lay my hand on your chest so that when I feel the gentle inhale, exhale I am comforted to know you're okay.
Very tender times.
So,
I'm going to enjoy these last few little baby curls before they turn into the long locks of a preschooler,
and I'm going to remember fondly the days of the past,
and I'm going to enjoy the things of today,
and I'm going to look forward to watching you grow into the woman God created you to be,
and I'm not going to promise I won't clip that little curl just to hold onto this place in time just a little bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment