They often walk just like this. Through the yard, to the car, into preschool. Wherever.
Madelyn says, "Hold me hand."
Carlyn will just say, "Hand! Hand!" as she holds up her little hand and stomps her little feet excitedly.
It melts my heart.
I often think of a book I read many years ago when I see them like this---it is titled All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten. It talked of things like:
- Share everything.
- Play fair.
- Don't hit people.
- Put things back where you found them.
- Clean up your own mess.
- Don't take things that aren't yours.
- Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
- Take a nap every afternoon.
- Live a balanced life--learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
- When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
All in all, some pretty sound guidance for making your way through the world, girls. Share, play fair, don't hit people, take responsibility for yourself and your actions, don't steal, say you're sorry when you're wrong, and work, play and rest along the way.
Oh, and hold hands, watch out for trouble, and stick together.
It's just the kind of thing a sister is there for.

No comments:
Post a Comment