What?
Your preschool has their program in December?
Actually, typically we do too, but the original date (and the first make-up date) were cancelled due to snow. Apparently the third times a charm, because it actually came together today.
I had high hopes for a stellar performance from Madelyn, as she was a jolly happy soul when I first saw her---like this:
Then she took to the stage:
Apparently, she did NOT come to laugh and play because things continued pretty much just like this for 15 minutes:
Then, a personal favorite:
There must have been some magic in that slobbery hand she licked, because she came to life with a bit of a smile as the end drew nigh:
and finally: Let's run and have some fun before I melt away. I'm bustin' out of this joint. I'm taking my slobber-soaked hand and headin' for my mama.
Half happy, half crying, she made a bee-line straight to her waiting mom.
And then my little Snowgirl melted into a puddle.
The tears and the hand dried up quickly, and Miss Frostina waved goodbye and said I won't cry, and I'll be back again someday.
(Miss Madelyn will return as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in the 2011 preschool Christmas production.)












At least Mama was there for her little girl.
ReplyDeleteJust watch; one of these days she'll be starring the high school musical (no pun intended).
Quite the cute outfit, though!