25 years this little guy has been with me. Mom bought him for me from a little gift shop in my hometown when I was 16. I put him on my keychain when we left the store, and he's been with me ever since.
Of course, it didn't make me look any cooler (or have more 'swag' in today's vernacular) while driving that old ugly green 1972 Dodge Dart---but it was with me through the Dodge Dart, the Honda CRX, my hubby's old t-top Cutlass Supreme, the Honda Accord, the Toyota Previa mini-van, and still with me in my Toyota Sienna today.
Hopefully, he'll still be with me when I'm sporting around looking hot in a little two seat convertible number. Maybe Carlyn will actually stand a chance at being happy when she's standing in the after-school pick-up line, because she'll be going home in a sweet little ride--unlike the 'Bigs' who had to get into the Previa (which they dubbed the 'BMV', meaning Bad Mini Van) that I drove for nearly 15 years. The upside of that van was that I always felt secure driving it, because I knew that if we were ever stranded, there was enough food under those seats that we could eat for several meals---McDonald's fries anyone? How 'bout some nuggets? Mystery item for the adventurous? Yes, please. Yum.
He's been on quite a few adventures....let's hope he's up for a few more before we're through.

No comments:
Post a Comment