Friday, May 6, 2011

This Little Booger Caused Quite A Stir Today


Salamander, lizard...whatever....Madelyn called it a snake (which I'm certain it wasn't, but I can't remember what the little buggers are called). She was quite excited about finding it living in a hole in our brick mortar. I, however, did not find the prospect of creatures not human inhabiting our home. Anyhoo, she and Carlyn were uber excited over finding him, and Madelyn camped out for hours wanting him to come out so she could see his whole body. I tried telling her his mama said he had to take a nap, but she wasn't buying it. She said that she didn't see a mama in there...just the baby snake. There's no fooling her. It's a bit surprising that she has such a fondness for the little creatures around our house,...bugs, ants, spiders....because she is a very girly girl on most fronts.

She tells Carlyn and I to watch out for the ants that are red because they are fire ants and will bite us, but the black ones won't hurt us. She tells me the lady bugs are good for her garden, especially her tomato plants. She tells me that the little green bugs on the porch are nice to her and won't even bite her. She tells us to stay away from the bumble bees because they will sting us.

I'm glad she's watching out for me and Carlyn.





No comments:

Post a Comment