Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Preschool

I so wish I had some cute pictures to show from today --- the girls first day of preschool. I'd hoped for pictures with little backpacks and cuddly bears and big smiles. It was my last chance to capture the first preschool day for Madelyn as it is her last year --- she will be starting Kindergarten next fall. Ugh. It just pained me to write that. *in my very best Scarlett O'Hara voice* I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

They would have no part of pictures. No posing, no smiling, zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing, I tell you.

Here, I'll prove it:

 Madelyn pouted, then turned her back to the camera.
Monkey see, monkey do.


See what I mean?

Plan B. We'll leave a bit early and see if we can take some snaps at the school.  Epic fail. Drizzling rain, overcast, cool and windy. No smiling, no sitting still, no standing still, no backpacks. Nothing, I tell you.

Here, I'll prove it:



Plan C. Give up trying. Take pictures of them walking into school where they can completely ignore me and the camera. I obviously needed to adjust my expectations in order to be successful in this photographic venture. Okay, not really adjust, but abolish them completely. Turns out, that was the perfect thing --- they do a spectacular job of ignoring me. Spectacular, I tell you.

Here, I'll prove it:



I did try to get a picture of Madelyn in her classroom, but she told me to "Stop this madness!", and put a sheet of paper over her face.

Oh, well --- you win some, you lose some, some get called due to rain. I guess you could say that, today, I was a Rainy Day Loser. Hey, two out of three ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment