Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge

The boys went on their Boys Only Outdoor Adventure weekend, so the girls decided we'd go on a little Girls Only Adventure of our own. On a whim, we headed out for Great Wolf Lodge just outside of Charlotte, NC. They went full speed the entire time we were there, and nearly wore out their old mama. They played in the waterpark and the Cub Club, went on a 'Wolf Walk' and to 'Pajama Story Time', and made bead necklaces, bracelets and origami wolves. Carlyn would put on her wolf ears and tail and let out a a wolf howl that was so stinkin' cute that it cracked me up each and every one of the 1.2 million times she did it.

On the way up, Madelyn offered to 'sketch us up a schedule' for the trip. I nearly fell out of the driver's seat because the child can't even write and she's already worried about 'to-do' lists and making schedules. I wonder what she'll put on those lists and schedules when she can actually bring them to fruition?

I got tickled at Carlyn in the water park, too. For two days, I watched her get the better of kids four times her age with the jet ski water sprays. The way they were set up, the water stream wouldn't hit the people on the other three machines. Carlyn figured out that if you put your finger over the tip of the gun (like you would on a water hose), it would spray farther. She would douse them in the face and they couldn't see what she was doing to the spray, so they couldn't retaliate. Cracked me up. There's a genius brewing in that little two year old body, I tell ya. Genius.

I can also tell you that at the end of the trip, I was tard. T.A.R.D., tard, which is about ten times worse than the standard tired. I guess it's just one of the perils of being in the Advanced Maternal Age category (as lovingly defined by my dear, sweet OB/GYN).






No comments:

Post a Comment