Ahhhh. The preschool Thanksgiving Feast --- it's always such a happy day. I love seeing all of the kiddos in the costumes they make in their classes, and it's a certainty that those little pilgrims, indians and turkeys are going to do something cute that will bring a smile to your face. Or, in our case, leave scratching your head asking, "What in the heck was she doing?". When Madelyn was in the 2's, it was her not singing and punching the boy next to her and knocking him over and picking her nose. In the 3's, it was her not singing and licking her hand. Now, in the 4's, she was not singing, but was scratching. Through the
whole program. No singing, just scratching.
Carlyn, however, was a champ. She sang, did her hand motions, and smiled and clapped at all of the appropriate times. A theatre star in the making.
But before we get to the pics of the program, I'll take you back to the beginning. While we were waiting for the kids to take the stage, I jokingly asked William if he wanted to go up and sit in the chairs and reminisce about his preschool performances in this very same gymnasium.
Guess what he did?
 |
| Silly goose. |
Yep. He did. You guessed it. Can't take the boy anywhere.
 |
| Scratching. |
 |
| Scratching. |
 |
| Madelyn scratching. Carlyn singing. |
 |
| Singing. |
 |
| Singing. |
 |
| Singing. |
 |
| Still singing. |
 |
| Brief applause interlude. |
 |
| Still scratching. |
 |
| More scratching. |
Then just.like.that. another Thanksgiving Feast was in the books. No more singing. No more scratching. The goose was cooked.
It certainly would make an unusual greeting card greeting ---"May your holidays be filled with a Silly Goose, Scratching and Singing!", but I couldn't have scripted it any sweeter if I had tried.
No comments:
Post a Comment