We took The Littles to see The Big Guy at the mall this morning. Madelyn was a trooper and hopped right up on Santa's lap and delivered her requests just as if it was as much a part of her daily routine as her morning bowl of Cheerios. Carlyn, however, not so much.
 |
| This was the first clue that things might not go so well. If you peek closely, Carlyn is picking at her lip and she has 'that look' in her eyes. Trouble's afoot. |
 |
| The 'Daddy Death-grip' has been administered. |
 |
| Still holding. |
 |
| Madelyn was telling him she wanted a Rapunzel bracelet, a Barbie, and some real make-up. I later reminded her that I had already told her that she was too young for real make-up. She informed me that it was too late, that she had already told him and then she laughed maniacally at her intellectual prowess. She was certain she had found the loophole and had placed her appeal with the highest authority. I decided that 4 was a bit young to crush all of her Santa hopes and dreams, so I just laughed maniacally on the inside and said things to myself like, "We'll see who has the last maniacal laugh, Little Missy." |
 |
| Yep. Still holding. |
 |
| Finally, The Death-grip has been broken. She's none to happy about that, either, but Scott appears quite enthusiastic. Bless his heart, he tried to sell her on the fact that this was fun, but she just wasn't buying. |
 |
| When Carlyn saw this picture, she said, "Carlyn was upset. Carlyn wanted her Daddy." Indeed. |
 |
I'd bet Madelyn is thinking,"I'm getting real make-up." And I'd bet Carlyn is thinking, "I want my Daddy." And then just.like.that our visit with Santa was over and Carlyn was back in her Big Guy's arms and Madelyn is awaiting her visit from The Big Guy.
|
Hehe...Brian and I were dying over these pictures.. I especially love the one where Scott is cheering Carlyn on!
ReplyDelete