Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Shirt

This all started back when Megan was in her Freshman year at USC. Megan bought her dad one of those Gamecock shirts for his birthday or Father's day --- I can't remember which. Anyhoo, he told her he loved her and he appreciated the thought, but there was no way he was going to wear anything with that ugly chicken on it. It was bad enough that a child of a Clemson grad would ever go to USC, but expecting him to wear their colors was just taking the whole thing too far. Asking him to support her was one thing --- asking him to support her school was quite another. He finally told her okay, okay, I'll wear it to your graduation. The only thing I can figure is that somewhere deep in his inner conscious he must have thought that child would never cross a stage in a cap and gown. Well, lo and behold, four and one half years later, graduate she did. And did she forget about their little bargain? Nope.

Scott, being a man of his word, made good on his promise and wore that chicken shirt. All day.
He was a bit tricksy at first and wore a sweater vest over it, but --- me being me, and all --- I just couldn't resist stirring up a bit of trouble. I told her I thought he owed her a pic of the shirt full-on. Purely for documentation, of course because I just loathe creating drama. *giggles*

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy his torment just a bit.

So, here we go. Just for you, Megan. Hope you enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment