Anyhoo, we made a pit stop at IKEA since none of us had been before. Oh.My.Gosh. Can you say overwhelming? It was a bright spot for William because he discovered a whole new series of what he and his cousin Alexander call 'Oobees'. I have no idea what they're actually called, so if you go to your local IKEA and ask for and 'Oobee', be prepared for a blank stare. Google probably won't be of much help either. His Uncle Christopher and Aunt Leesa gave him one for Christmas several years back, and now he asks for a new one every year from them. They're basically little glowy night lights, and this new version changes colors. Apparently, this was a very exciting new feature because we left the store with the red one.
Then, onto the racetrack. I didn't get many pictures because, as it turned out, we were all paged at the exact same time to come and get suited up, but I did manage to get a few snaps.
![]() |
| Here's William in the 99 car headed to the track. |
![]() |
| Here's Aaron in the 87 Extenze car. There may or may not have been a few jokes about this, but I really couldn't say for sure. |
I got to see 3 of William's laps, but none of Aaron's because they called me out to my car, so no pics of Aaron driving. :-(
We were racing for bragging rights because the boys were too cheap to put their money where their mouths are. Trying to gamble with people who have no money stinks. Turns out that William reigned supreme among the three of us with a top speed of 139.37mph. This, however, really chapped Aaron because his top speed was 139.33mph and that made little brother the bragging rights champ no matter how small the margin. Me, being the encouraging type mom that I am, told Aaron not to feel bad because he came in first, too. First loser that is. Don't hate, I do enjoy my petty tortures. In fact, it's all I had left because mine top speed was a paltry 123.19mph.
We ate at KFC and Taco Bell --- 2 Doublicious sandwiches and a drink for William, a Cantina Burrito and drink for Aaron and 2 bites of Aaron's burrito and a water for me. Did I mention eating with people trying to gain weight really stinks? So after big smiles and smack talk and supper, we made our way back South. I drove, Aaron slept and William watched his Oobe change colors. And spending a day with two of my favorite fellas on the planet totally didn't stink.








No comments:
Post a Comment