Madelyn, buckled in her car seat in the back of the mini-van, asked me today how long I would love her.
I told her that I would love her forever and I would like her for always and as long as I'm living my baby she'd be.
She ask me how much I loved her. She stretched out her arms wide and asked if it was 'THIIIIISSSSSS MUCCCCHHH', because her daddy said that was a lot.
I told her I loved her more than that---that I loved her to the moon and back.
I left her with Mrs. Jennifer at preschool with big crocodile tears in her eyes wanting me to stay with her. I think someone was feeling a touch out of sorts today and needed to know that her mama loved her.
I do. Always have. Always will.
And I think after preschool, and after nap time, we'll have to curl up with a good book or two. Wonder what they might be?
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment