'We-a-pick-a-da-peas.' 'I-a-like-a-da-peas.'
Madelyn is another year older and her 'Toddler-ese' has slowly faded away, but her little 'a-pick-a-da-peas' phrase has become part of our family vernacular.
She's still excited about picking them, though. Scott asked her if she wanted breakfast before they went to the garden and she said, "No, I'll just have peas for breakfast because I like peas." Alllrighty then, peas for breakfast you shall have.
And Scott couldn't be happier. He planted these especially for his girls--he doesn't even like peas, but he does get an enormous amount of pleasure from watching them stand in the garden and eat them straight out of hand. They've now picked two batches from their little patch, and not one of them has made it into a pan to be cooked---they've all disappeared too quickly.
And speaking of disappearing too quickly--just like the peas and the Toddler-ese--the days of Little Girls are disappearing quickly, too. I had a reminder this week with a quote from the Happiness Project on raising Little ones: The days are long but the years are short. How true.






OMG Great images Melody!
ReplyDeletePeas sounds great!
Happy Mother's Day!
That is one serious garden there! I'd eat just peas for breakfast, too, if I had that many.
ReplyDelete