Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hansel and Gretel

I'm really hoping there's some wildly creative reason for the fact that there are bread crumbs running the entire length of the staircase and ending at the door of Lauren's room. Oh, like something on the order of recreating scenes from classic children's literature, perhaps?

Yeah, let's go with that one, because surely--surely!-- my children wouldn't have been eating biscuits all through the house instead of partaking at the table.

While tempting to play the part of the wicked witch (let's just say I wouldn't need a theatrical coach to nail that character) over such a mess in the house, I believe I'll take a pass on that one since she ends up getting cooked in a hot oven by the children. I think I'll just be the bird who gathers up all of their trail of crumbs, and after a quick costume change assume the role of the parent who's happy to be home with the Little Ones.

How could I do anything less in the presence of such a penitent face?

No comments:

Post a Comment