Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Note To Self

Laundry Day should never coincide with Painting With Children Day.

We were in the middle of painting Nemo handprint canvases when the laundry buzzer sounded. Because I'm lazy and hate ironing, I'm maniacal about getting clothes out of the dryer ASAP so they don't become a wrinkled mess. I told the girls, "Stay put. Don't move. I'll be right back. Leave this table and you're in big trouble. Got it?", and then stepped around the corner. I had envisioned paint on the floor, the table, the furniture, the windows, the cabinets, the toys --- I thought the damage would be minimal if  I could keep them confined to their chairs.

What I hadn't envisioned was this:




 In retrospect, it really was my fault. I didn't say, "And don't paint your sister while I'm gone, either." They sat still, didn't move, and stayed right there at that table ---- and Madelyn proceeded to use Carlyn as her canvas. It appears Miss Madelyn is not only creative with paint, but in her ability to make mischief while still following the rules. Mischief Making might be hardwired into her DNA, but I really wouldn't want to go pointing any fingers.

Ahhhh, Life After 40 --- you grab a camera and a smile instead of your angry eyes and scolding voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment