Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday

We wanted to go someplace a bit cooler to escape this 90 degree heat around here that just won't seem to break. We decided we'd head to Oconee County to the fish hatchery, the state park and then to tool around Cheohee. It wasn't much cooler there, but at least they had an abundance of trees that offered a bit of a respite from the blistering rays. The boys had homework and football practice today, so they held down the fort at home. The Littles thought those fish were the berries. I thought they'd be great breaded in pecan meal and sauteed with butter in an iron skillet. Scott thought they'd be great on the end of a line with a hook in their mouth. To each his own, I guess.
The drive up.





Dad bought some pellets for them to feed the trout. It's pretty apparent where Madelyn gets her habit of holding her tongue out when she's concentrating on something, isn't it? Cracks me up.

Serious face.






Nonconformist.





I have no idea. I just took the picture.

And this one.

And this one too.

This, however, I do know about. Monkeys on the monkey bars.



Big Daddy (who looks like his Papaw Buck here).

Then we decided to play 'Grumpy Old Troll Who Lives Under The Bridge'. Scott was a natural for the part.

First victim approacheth. (Dora or Billy Goat, depending on which version of the story you prefer.)

The second victim joins the first. (Boots or another Billy Goat, depending on which version of the story you prefer. Dora's rendition comes with a catchy tune, so I'd suggest that one.)

Grumpy? Yes. Scary? Apparently not.



The Billy Goats (or Dora and Boots, depending on which version of the story you went with), made it to safety--completely unscathed and none worse for wear.

Madelyn has a go at being Grumpy and Scary. I think it worked -- Carlyn ran away screaming like a little girl.

Then she tried her hand at 'Piddly Troll'.

Another 'Piddly Troll'.


And now Carlyn has a go at Grumpy and Scary.




I think it worked, too.


It was a fun day playing in the Enchanted Forest with the Little Creatures. The only thing that would've made it better would have been for the entire cast of characters to have been there to play their parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment