True story.
We've been working on an Under the Sea canvas, and each of the kiddos have used their handprints to create the Coral Reef and various other sea creatures. Lauren did hers on Thursday night with the Littles after I had already left for William's ballgame.
Here's the text conversation that took place concerning Lauren's art work:
Lauren:
Reaction to my sea horse: Madelyn: "I don't think that's a sea horse. Are you sure it's not a chicken?" Carlyn: "It's a chicken!!!!" Sad day. LOL
Me:
Maybe it's the Chicken of the Sea!
Lauren:
Fair enough. But this isn't funny! LOL
By the time I got back home, Lauren had already left to go back to school since I had stayed to bring Wayggie home. She sent another text after I came back home.
Lauren:
Are you making fun of my sea horse?
Me:
Why yes, yes I am.
Lauren:
Ruuuudddeeeee!
Me:
Just honest.
Lauren:
Jerk face.
Me:
Pooser
(We say 'Pooser' because a long time ago, Scott wore his angry eyes and fussed at us and said, "We don't call people 'losers' in this house." Somewhere along the way, it morphed into 'Pooser' since somehow it made Dad feel better. True story.)
So now, we call Lauren 'Charlie', as in Chicken of the Sea Charlie. True story.
I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

No comments:
Post a Comment