Monday, October 3, 2011

Forty Four

We celebrated Scott's 44th birthday on Saturday. All of the kiddos came home to celebrate with him, and they were so nice, they even let the poor fella cook them steaks for his big dinner. I really don't think he can complain, though, because he requested three huge meals for his birthday 'weekend'. Somehow, every year, he manages to stretch what should be a one day deal into several. Those shenanigans have earned him the title 'Bob Peeler', (Bob Peeler, of Peeler Dairies fame, hence 'Milking' the special treatment that birthdays entail around here). He's quite good at it, actually. He started with Friday night, requesting spaghetti with meat sauce for an early family supper before we went to William's football game together. Then he fixed SOS (the proper name being S*** on a Shingle) for breakfast Saturday morning since the kids have dubbed it 'Dad's Famous Gravy' --- he knew they would all enjoy that, too. (Don't even get me started on the fact that he can cook, like, five things and he get's a specialty famous title for one of them.) Saturday night, we had steaks, baked potatoes, mushrooms, kale gratin and rosemary garlic bread. He also had two chocolate chip cakes and a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing (Robin from work made him the last one). As if that weren't enough, on Sunday we had roast, carrots and onions, gravy, mashed potatoes and some 'insignificant green vegetable' (which is how he says he really doesn't care what the vegetable is, but being a good southern boy, is acknowledging the fact that there should be something green on that plate and he may or may not eat it --- it was broccoli by the way). Whew. That made me tired just typing that. I'm starting to think I should've skipped those milkshakes we got at Clemson University on Sunday night.....

Anyhoo, The Littles made him picture frames to put up their pictures in his office, The Bigs bought him Lord of the Rings Extended Version on Blu-Ray, and I got him a new coffee maker. He said it was a great weekend filled with good food and great family and he couldn't have asked for more, and that made me happy, too.












I should add my apologies to the boys...the pics I had with them in them were terribly out of focus due to my poor photography skillz. I'll make it up to you, fellas.....

1 comment:

  1. awesome.... I expect the fun for you in a few days -- no less! Gosh, Melody, you are great with all this stuff!

    ReplyDelete